We all know how difficult it can be to choose a truly health snack when those mid-afternoon cravings hit. Or maybe you simply don't plan your post-workout snacks as often as you'd like and end up indulging in one of those sugar-filled protein bars? Their packaging reads healthy, but when you look at the fine print they are filled with sugar, unwanted additives, and very little actual protein. I get it! Pre-packaged snack ingredients can simply be a bit confusing even when you're an expert at reading labels. The best way to make certain you're not crashing your otherwise healthy diet or just feeding yourself empty calories unecessarily is to prepare your snacks ahead of time with clean ingredients that you can take with you on-the-go. Still sound daunting?! Don't worry, you don't have to be Anthony Bourdain in the kitchen to get this one right. It's quick & easy.
Amandean's Paleo chocolate almond energy bites with Grass-Fed Beef Gelatin are first and foremost, quick and easy to prepare (10-minutes to make in TOTAL). They are also extremely low in carbs and sugar, while giving you an extra boost of protein to keep your appetite at bay. Moreover, they're easy to take with you on-the-go so you'll always have an easy way to snack healthy during busy days at the office or straight after a workout.
Grass-Fed Beef Gelatin Powder is an unflavored anti-aging collagen protein supplement. that contains 18 amino acids for healthy skin, hair, joints, and gut health. Amandean's beef gelatin is also paleo friendly, gluten free & non-GMO. Adding grass-fed beef gelatin to your baking & cooking nurtures a healthy metabolism, promotes gut health, and can assist in weight loss due to its high protein content. Beef getatin also supports joint function and flexibility, lean muscle growth, energy, endurance, and recovery time after exercise or physical activity.
Beef gelatin is a natural thickening agent so it's an ideal supplement to add to recipes like our paleo chocolate almond energy bites and it can also be used to make homemade gummies, fruit gelatin (jello), marshmallows, custard, pudding, jam, stew, soups, and bone broth. Amandean's Beef Gelatin will gel and thicken when mixed with cold liquids but is soluble in hot liquids. This means it mixes easily into bulletproof coffee, tea, or other hot drinks.
If you're not into baking, don't worry, our paleo almond energy bites are made with only 7 ingredients and take a total of 10 mins to prepare.
1.Line a baking pan with wax paper, set aside. Don't worry, these won't be baked! No oven required.
2. Grind up dates and almonds in a blender or food processor and mix until the nut mixture resembles a coarse meal.
3. In a separate bown, combine 2 scoops of Amandean's Grass-Fed Beef Gelatin with 1/2 cup of cold water and let bloom for 2 minutes. Stir to assure consistency.
3. Add the thickened beef gelatin, almond butter, almond milk, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt to the blender or food processor and process until the mixture just starts to clump together (approx. 2 minutes).
4. Roll large spoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet covered with wax paper.
5. Place the baking sheet lined with energy bites into the refrigerator or freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
6. Transfer to a sealed container (airtight) and store in the refrigerator or freezer!