The holiday season signifies a time where we feel the urge to treat ourselves and indulge, perhaps trying new recipes or ingredients we haven't experimented with before. However, if you're trying to maintain your Keto, Bulletproof, Slow Carb, or Low Carb diet throughout the holidays you may been more restricted in terms of what you can experiment with on the flavor front. Not to worry!
Today we're featuring a recipe inspired by Martina Slajerova, creator of The KetoDietApp which helps millions of visitors follow a whole-foods-based, low-carb, ketogenic lifestyle. We've added a scoop of our Grass-Fed Collagen Peptides to give the recipe an extra hit of protein, which supports a healthy metabolism and also keeps you feeling fuller for longer so you don't feel the urge to over-indulge in sugary treats. Moreover, our Collagen Peptides are gluten-free, fat-free, sugar-free, unflavored, and soluble so it's easy to add to any of your favorite Keto recipes. You won't even know it's there.
Let's make some mochas!
1 Cup coconut milk (240 ml)
2 Tablespoon raw cacao powder (10g)
5-7 drops liquid stevia
1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
2 Scoops Amandean's Grass-Fed Collagen Peptides
1/4 Teaspoon vanilla bean powder or 1 tsp unsweetened vanilla extract
1/4 Teaspoon ground cardamom or nutmeg
Small pinch cayenne pepper
1.5 Cups prepared hot coffee (360 ml)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Prepare black coffee to the strength of your liking and keep warm.
2. Add a scoop of Amandean's Grass-Fed Collagen Powder and let dissolve.
3. Pour the coconut milk in a small sauce pan and mix in the cocoa powder, stevia, cinnamon, vanilla, cardamom and cayenne pepper. Bring to a simmer, and cook for a minute before taking off the heat.
4. Pour in the coffee, add coconut oil and whisk until combined.
5. Serve in 2 mugs and enjoy hot!
Original Recipe Source: Keto Diet App